The main component of the tungsten carbide milling cutter is tungsten carbide. The tungsten contained in the steel has a significant improvement on the hardness and heat resistance of the steel, but the toughness will drop sharply.
White steel milling cutters are employed to low-speed turning workpieces with better roughness than carbide inserts! Cemented carbide is more difficult than high-speed steel, but cemented carbide is brittle and less likely to break than white steel.
The main component of cemented carbide milling cutters is rare metal, which is hard to be annealed but is brittle. Otherwise known as tungsten titanium alloy. Hardness can reach HRB89 to 95, with characteristics that are not easily worn
The difference between the 2-blade milling cutter and the 3-blade milling cutter is simple. The difference between the surface and the blade is that the number of edges is different. It can be viewed directly. The 2-edge milling cutter is appropriate for rough machining. It is employed to roughing and 3-edge milling cutter selection. Finishing
End mill sharpening key points 1. Key points, for slotting: radial rake angle, core thickness, helix angle, slot length, cylindrical toughness bandwidth, the grinding wheel fillet, groove type requirements; 2, the key points of the Zhou edge: radial back angle, blade diameter, blade length, circumferential blade width, diameter jump, inverted cone; 3. The key points of the end edge: the front rake angle, the rear rake angle, the end kernel width, the blade inclination angle, and the end jump; 4, the key points of the backlash: chisel edge, over-center amount, backlash angle, tooth expansion and exit, bottom corner arc, fusion depth, fusion angle, grinding wheel selection, length of the front surface of the ball head slotting; 5, other key points: ball head, arc, taper, chamfer, cut, go high, profile, passivation, appearance.
For end mills, in general, with a small number of blades and a large chip flute, the discharge of chips can be relatively smooth, but at the same time, the cross-sectional area of the tool is small, the rigidity of the tool body is low, and the tool body is prone to bending during cutting . Conversely, if the number of blades increases and the cross-sectional area of the workpiece increases, the rigidity of the cutter body will increase, but the chip-holding groove will become smaller, and the chip-receiving force will decrease, which will easily lead to chip clogging and reduce the surface finish of the workpiece. The shorter the blade, the more rigid the blade body and the better the cutting performance. The rigidity of the end mill is inversely proportional to the third power of the blade length. Therefore, if the blade length is doubled, the rigidity of the blade body will be reduced to 1/8 of the original.
In actual on-site processing, customers mostly use 4-blade end mills to process planes, steps, etc. 4-blade milling cutters use right-to-right-cut spiral cutter teeth, so that chips are discharged from the front end of the milling cutter when processing materials, 4-blade milling cutters It has a good chip evacuation effect, increases the cutting rake angle, reduces the amount of chips, and facilitates the cutting of materials. Therefore, 4-edge end mills are widely used in mold processing and automobile parts production.
End mills and ball end mills, one for the ball head, one for the flat bottom, the end mill for the main machining, the ball end milling cutter for the curved surface. Ball-end milling cutters and end mills are brought out and can be machined. Our company buys the tool grinding machine of Tuol machinery, which has a very good grinding effect.
Tapered Ball Nose End Mill Tungsten solid carbide Coated Tapered cone cnc milling cutter woodworking engraving bits
1. Regardless of the number of edges and mills, first straighten the edge of the blade perpendicular to the axis, which is the key to your technical skills; 2. The grinding wheel should be polished. Watch the tip of each blade as the reference. The principle of preserving the cutting edge is to repair the front and back angles, the secondary rear angle and the blade declination. 3. For the choice of angles, it is recommended that you look at the milling process books, which are described in detail; 4. When finished, find a platform and set up the milling cutter. If the axis is vertical, all the blade tips can be a bit to point, and the yaw angle of the blade is evenly centered. That is basically OK.
keyway milling cutter and three-sided milling cutter Difference:
The two-blade milling cutter can be drilled directly into the workpiece like a drill bit without the need for pre-punching. It is especially suitable for machining keyways on the shaft, so it is also called in keyway milling cutter.
Since the three-blade or more has no cutting edge at the center, it is usually not possible to directly feed the knife directly downward. (the new type of milling cutter usually has a center blade, but it is not easy to regrind.) However, the more the number of blades, the smoother the cutting and the higher the productivity. Therefore, it is adapted for feeding from the edge or pre-feeding. When the hole is machined.
A milling cutter is a rotary tool with one or more teeth in milling. During the work, each tooth turns off the remaining amount of the workpiece intermittently. Milling cutters are mainly used to machine plans, steps, grooves, forming surfaces and cutting workpieces on milling machines.
The engraving tool is a type of prop used for engraving. The engraving knife has a category, and the milling cutter is actually a kind of engraving knife. Milling cutter: it is used for roughing to remove material. The milling cutter contains the following four tool options. Flat end milling cutter: mainly used for cutting of processed materials, Ball-end milling cutter: mainly used for surface engraving of processed materials, relief, plane engraving Point-end milling cutter: V-shaped engraving mainly used for processing materials, generally used for lettering and line engraving
A tooth is over the center, that is, the end edge is beyond the center position. When is the note to work, allow me to give an example. When the keyway milling cutter is utilized to mill the keyway, if there is no tooth over the center, there will be a high point in the middle of the milled slot, so the 2-blade keyway cutter is a pair of teeth. All over the center.
If the milling cutter is working with a circumferential tooth, then the end tooth is not important at the center. Generally speaking, when we produce the tool, the odd-numbered edge milling cutter has a tooth over center and an even-numbered edge milling cutter with a couple of teeth passing through the center. 2-blade cutter sometimes has a pair of centers, sometimes a tooth that passes through the center.
Single-edged milling cutters have low cutting efficiency because one blade is less at the same speed But the surface finish is good, because a blade is definitely not pitted. Double-edged milling cutters have high cutting efficiency, but the machining surface may be slightly worse due to the difference in cutting angle and cutting height between the two blades.
Single Flutes Sprial End Mill
Application : Harder materials such as PVC, MDF, plywood, solid wood, etc.
Advantage: Large chip removal, sharp edge, smooth cutting, high engraving speed and high efficiency .
The development of modern manufacturing technology and the widespread use of numerical control equipment have greatly promoted the advancement of cutting technology. With the need for numerical control and automation, higher requirements for high reliability, high precision, long life, fast index change, and good chip breaking are proposed for metal cutting tools. The design of the pool structure and the shape of the cutting part have become very numerous, which makes it difficult for the machine and tool designers to select the tool reasonably. Selecting the required tool according to different characteristics is of great importance for achieving highly automated cutting. Here is a brief introduction to how to choose the angle of the metal cutting tool:
First, the requirements for tool materials
(1) higher hardness. Its hardness should be greater than the hardness of the workpiece material.
(2) Good wears resistance. Increase tool time and increase efficiency.
(3) sufficient strength and toughness. To ensure sufficient resistance to cutting resistance, impact and vibration.
(4) High heat resistance. It can maintain the hardness, wear resistance, strength and toughness required for cutting at elevated temperatures.
Second, commonly used tool materials
(1) alloy tool steel. It has superior heat hardness but is inexpensive, and is often used to make low-speed tools with complex shapes such as reamer, tap and die.
(2) high speed tool steel. Its high temperature hardness and wear resistance are preferable to alloy tool steel. Due to its excellent heat treatment performance, high strength and good sharpness, it is widely used in the manufacture of various machine tools such as forming turning tools, milling cutters, drill bits and broaches.
(3) cemented carbide. It is just an alloy made by powder metallurgy of materials such as tungsten carbide, titanium carbide and cobalt. Carbide inserts are usually employed on the body of the tool. Currently, cemented carbide has been one of the main tool materials.
Third, the geometry of the tool
The geometry of the tool mainly refers to the geometry of the cutting part, understanding the composition of the cutting part, the auxiliary plane, the geometric angle of the cutting part and so on.
(1) Front. The surface that the first contact is when the chips flow out. In order to curl and exit the chips, the front side of the tool is generally ground with chipbreakers when cutting the plastic material. The front can be to a flat surface or a curved surface.
(2) the main flanks. The surface of the pool that faces the cutting surface of the workpiece during cutting.
(3) Vice flanks. When cutting, the surface of the pool opposite the finished surface of the workpiece.
(4) main cutting edges. The intersection of the front and the main flank, it is responsible for the highest cutting task.
(5) Sub cutting edge. The intersection of the front and the flank face is only responsible for a small number of cutting tasks.
(6) The tip of the knife. The intersection of the main cutting edge and the minor cutting edge. To enhance the strength and wear resistance of the tip, the tip is often ground into a small vertical line or arc.
Fourth, the geometric angle of the turning tool
(1) front angle. It reflects the degree of tilt in front, and the sharper the opposite angle, the sharper the sharper the cut. However, the visible corner assembly reduces the strength of the cutter head portion and is prone to chipping during the cutting process.
(2) back corners. The principal function of the back angle is to reduce the friction between the tool and the machined surface, but it will reduce the heat dissipation of the cutter head.
(3) wedge angle. The angle between the front and the main flank.
(4) leading angle. It determines the length of the core cutter, the strength of the tip and the radial force. When the mean declination is small, the cutting width is increased and the cutting thickness is reduced. The length of the main cutter increases the tool wear and becomes less durable. However, it is not difficult to cause vibration to increase the radial force, and the bending of the elongated workpiece affects the accuracy.
(5) Vice declination. It decreases the friction between the secondary cutting edge and the finished surface.
(6) The corner of the knife. It takes into account the strength and heat dissipation of the tip.
(7) Blade inclination. It mainly influences the strength of the cutter head and the direction of the chip removal to change the force of the cutter head. In the rough work, the negative value is often taken with a view to increase the strength of the cutter head. In the stormy work, the surface is taken to a positive value in order not to scratch the chip.
Five, cutting oil selection considerations
Cutting oil is a kind of medium that must be used in the metal cutting process. It mainly acts as lubrication, cooling and cleaning in the process.
(1) special cutting oil contains vulcanized extreme pressure anti-wear additive component, which can effectively protect the tool and improve the process precision.
(2) The special cutting oil has superior stability compared with rapeseed oil, mechanical oil and reclaimed oil, and will not cause harm to equipment, human body and environment.
(3) The special cutting oil has passed rigorous tests in terms of viscosity. Flash point, pour point and thermal conductivity to meet various cutting process requirements.
In general, we will select the end mill from the following three points: 1. Select the type of CNC tool coating according to the type and hardness of the machined workpiece. For the processing of workpieces with hardness below HRC55 such as carbon steel, the TIALN coating of KHC tungsten steel milling cutter is optional. When processing workpieces with quenching and heat-treating materials up to about 60 HRC, ALTIN Coatings are available. In the processing of workpieces with higher hardness, the tool shape, carbide material and coating can be selected for high hardness processing TISIN coating for high hardness HRC65 materials. 2. Select the shape of the end mill neck according to the shape of the machined workpiece. The neck shape of the ball end mill is divided into standard type, long neck type and long edge type, and extended shank type, which can be chosen according to the processing depth and shape of the workpiece. Long neck type (deep groove milling cutter) can be used for deep digging, and the angle of interference should be considered when selecting. At the same time, compared with the long neck type, the stretched edge type end mill has high rigidity, which can improve cutting conditions and achieve better machining accuracy. 3. Select end mills with unique ball head precision according to machining accuracy. Ball end mills typically have a circular arc accuracy of 10 μm, but there are also 5 μm high-precision end mills that can be used for high-precision machining.
Use of new ultra-fine fine tungsten steel bar grinding, high rigidity and toughness.
Wide application:High efficiency maching can be achived ranging from common copper maching.
Optimized structure:Approiate cominbation of sharp cutting edge and tool strength makes cutting easier and faster,extending tool life.
Versatile product series:Suitable for rough maching with high metal removal rate to finish maching with high surface quality.
Complete diameter range:Minium diameter of 0.25mm for maching of the smallest parts.
Use of excellent new blade shape, the surface is smooth, not easy to collapse, to enhance the rigidity of the tool, taking into account the rigidity of the tool and chip removal performance, making the cutting tool and chip more stable.
Round handle, chamfering, easy to use, increase the stability of the performance.
Can be replaced (small use), not recommended for batch processing because it is not economical! !
1. Current milling cutters are mostly made of cemented carbide and the radial force is relatively small compared to the drill bit, so there is no problem of swinging. 2, the side edge of the milling cutter is with the back angle, and the drill bit is the blade belt, so the drill bit is easy to keep its diameter stable, but it does not mean that the milling cutter does not work at all. After all, the milling cutter is not done of mud, and it is not so fast. It is merely recommended to use the drill bit during batch processing. 3, the exact said should be the same size milling cutter is cheaper than the drill bit, but the batch processing is a single piece of the cost is the it is more cost-effective! Key to see! 4, two-blade milling cutters are called slot drills abroad, so they are sometimes used to use drill bits!