Single-edged milling cutters have low cutting efficiency because one blade is less at the same speed But the surface finish is good, because a blade is definitely not pitted. Double-edged milling cutters have high cutting efficiency, but the machining surface may be slightly worse due to the difference in cutting angle and cutting height between the two blades.
Single Flutes Sprial End Mill
Application : Harder materials such as PVC, MDF, plywood, solid wood, etc.
Advantage: Large chip removal, sharp edge, smooth cutting, high engraving speed and high efficiency .
The development of modern manufacturing technology and the widespread use of numerical control equipment have greatly promoted the advancement of cutting technology. With the need for numerical control and automation, higher requirements for high reliability, high precision, long life, fast index change, and good chip breaking are proposed for metal cutting tools. The design of the pool structure and the shape of the cutting part have become very numerous, which makes it difficult for the machine and tool designers to select the tool reasonably. Selecting the required tool according to different characteristics is of great importance for achieving highly automated cutting. Here is a brief introduction to how to choose the angle of the metal cutting tool:
First, the requirements for tool materials
(1) higher hardness. Its hardness should be greater than the hardness of the workpiece material.
(2) Good wears resistance. Increase tool time and increase efficiency.
(3) sufficient strength and toughness. To ensure sufficient resistance to cutting resistance, impact and vibration.
(4) High heat resistance. It can maintain the hardness, wear resistance, strength and toughness required for cutting at elevated temperatures.
Second, commonly used tool materials
(1) alloy tool steel. It has superior heat hardness but is inexpensive, and is often used to make low-speed tools with complex shapes such as reamer, tap and die.
(2) high speed tool steel. Its high temperature hardness and wear resistance are preferable to alloy tool steel. Due to its excellent heat treatment performance, high strength and good sharpness, it is widely used in the manufacture of various machine tools such as forming turning tools, milling cutters, drill bits and broaches.
(3) cemented carbide. It is just an alloy made by powder metallurgy of materials such as tungsten carbide, titanium carbide and cobalt. Carbide inserts are usually employed on the body of the tool. Currently, cemented carbide has been one of the main tool materials.
Third, the geometry of the tool
The geometry of the tool mainly refers to the geometry of the cutting part, understanding the composition of the cutting part, the auxiliary plane, the geometric angle of the cutting part and so on.
(1) Front. The surface that the first contact is when the chips flow out. In order to curl and exit the chips, the front side of the tool is generally ground with chipbreakers when cutting the plastic material. The front can be to a flat surface or a curved surface.
(2) the main flanks. The surface of the pool that faces the cutting surface of the workpiece during cutting.
(3) Vice flanks. When cutting, the surface of the pool opposite the finished surface of the workpiece.
(4) main cutting edges. The intersection of the front and the main flank, it is responsible for the highest cutting task.
(5) Sub cutting edge. The intersection of the front and the flank face is only responsible for a small number of cutting tasks.
(6) The tip of the knife. The intersection of the main cutting edge and the minor cutting edge. To enhance the strength and wear resistance of the tip, the tip is often ground into a small vertical line or arc.
Fourth, the geometric angle of the turning tool
(1) front angle. It reflects the degree of tilt in front, and the sharper the opposite angle, the sharper the sharper the cut. However, the visible corner assembly reduces the strength of the cutter head portion and is prone to chipping during the cutting process.
(2) back corners. The principal function of the back angle is to reduce the friction between the tool and the machined surface, but it will reduce the heat dissipation of the cutter head.
(3) wedge angle. The angle between the front and the main flank.
(4) leading angle. It determines the length of the core cutter, the strength of the tip and the radial force. When the mean declination is small, the cutting width is increased and the cutting thickness is reduced. The length of the main cutter increases the tool wear and becomes less durable. However, it is not difficult to cause vibration to increase the radial force, and the bending of the elongated workpiece affects the accuracy.
(5) Vice declination. It decreases the friction between the secondary cutting edge and the finished surface.
(6) The corner of the knife. It takes into account the strength and heat dissipation of the tip.
(7) Blade inclination. It mainly influences the strength of the cutter head and the direction of the chip removal to change the force of the cutter head. In the rough work, the negative value is often taken with a view to increase the strength of the cutter head. In the stormy work, the surface is taken to a positive value in order not to scratch the chip.
Five, cutting oil selection considerations
Cutting oil is a kind of medium that must be used in the metal cutting process. It mainly acts as lubrication, cooling and cleaning in the process.
(1) special cutting oil contains vulcanized extreme pressure anti-wear additive component, which can effectively protect the tool and improve the process precision.
(2) The special cutting oil has superior stability compared with rapeseed oil, mechanical oil and reclaimed oil, and will not cause harm to equipment, human body and environment.
(3) The special cutting oil has passed rigorous tests in terms of viscosity. Flash point, pour point and thermal conductivity to meet various cutting process requirements.
In general, we will select the end mill from the following three points: 1. Select the type of CNC tool coating according to the type and hardness of the machined workpiece. For the processing of workpieces with hardness below HRC55 such as carbon steel, the TIALN coating of KHC tungsten steel milling cutter is optional. When processing workpieces with quenching and heat-treating materials up to about 60 HRC, ALTIN Coatings are available. In the processing of workpieces with higher hardness, the tool shape, carbide material and coating can be selected for high hardness processing TISIN coating for high hardness HRC65 materials. 2. Select the shape of the end mill neck according to the shape of the machined workpiece. The neck shape of the ball end mill is divided into standard type, long neck type and long edge type, and extended shank type, which can be chosen according to the processing depth and shape of the workpiece. Long neck type (deep groove milling cutter) can be used for deep digging, and the angle of interference should be considered when selecting. At the same time, compared with the long neck type, the stretched edge type end mill has high rigidity, which can improve cutting conditions and achieve better machining accuracy. 3. Select end mills with unique ball head precision according to machining accuracy. Ball end mills typically have a circular arc accuracy of 10 μm, but there are also 5 μm high-precision end mills that can be used for high-precision machining.
Use of new ultra-fine fine tungsten steel bar grinding, high rigidity and toughness.
Wide application:High efficiency maching can be achived ranging from common copper maching.
Optimized structure:Approiate cominbation of sharp cutting edge and tool strength makes cutting easier and faster,extending tool life.
Versatile product series:Suitable for rough maching with high metal removal rate to finish maching with high surface quality.
Complete diameter range:Minium diameter of 0.25mm for maching of the smallest parts.
Use of excellent new blade shape, the surface is smooth, not easy to collapse, to enhance the rigidity of the tool, taking into account the rigidity of the tool and chip removal performance, making the cutting tool and chip more stable.
Round handle, chamfering, easy to use, increase the stability of the performance.
Can be replaced (small use), not recommended for batch processing because it is not economical! !
1. Current milling cutters are mostly made of cemented carbide and the radial force is relatively small compared to the drill bit, so there is no problem of swinging. 2, the side edge of the milling cutter is with the back angle, and the drill bit is the blade belt, so the drill bit is easy to keep its diameter stable, but it does not mean that the milling cutter does not work at all. After all, the milling cutter is not done of mud, and it is not so fast. It is merely recommended to use the drill bit during batch processing. 3, the exact said should be the same size milling cutter is cheaper than the drill bit, but the batch processing is a single piece of the cost is the it is more cost-effective! Key to see! 4, two-blade milling cutters are called slot drills abroad, so they are sometimes used to use drill bits!
The difference between end mills and keyway cutters: 1. The end mill is generally four-bladed and three-bladed, and the keyway cutter is two-blade (favorable to ensure the diameter accuracy after re-grinding); 2. The main cutting edge of the end mill is designed on the circumference. The end face is on the cutting edge, and the main cutting edge of the keyway milling cutter is on the end face, and the cutting edge is on the circumference. 3. Therefore, the end mill should not be constituted axially. It must be used. It can be a tendency into the knife or spirally. The amount is not so large, because the chip pocket on the cutting edge is shallow. The keyway milling cutter feeds in the axial direction. Therefore, it will wear near the end, mainly re-grind the end, and the cutting edge will not re-grind to ensure the matching precision of the machining groove (H9, N9).
Augusttools Cnc Endmill Carbide Cutting HRC55 3 Flutes Milling Cutter Roughing End Mill Metal Cutter Aluminum Copper Processing
Corn milling cutter, otherwise known as corn cob milling cutter, is also called scaly milling cutter. The surface is dense spiral mesh, and the groove is relatively shallow. It is generally used for material processing such as some functional materials, especially like some composite materials such as carbon fiber Kraft materials (like the outer shell of an airplane’s wing) such as fiberglass! !
Solid carbide scaly milling cutter, the cutting edge is composed of numerous cutting units, the cutting edge is sharp, which greatly reduces the cutting resistance, and can realize high-speed cutting, achieving the effect of milling and grinding, and improving the composite material. Processing efficiency and surface quality extend the life of the milling cutter.
4mm 6mm Carbide Tungsten Corn Cutter cutting PCB milling bits end mill CNC router bits for Engraving machine
Wood processing,MDF,plywood and multilayer PCB, aluminum-plastic
panels,such as cutting hollow
Double-edged positive and negative spiral chip removal structure for long service life
Sharp edge and high wear resistance, professionlly designed for wood milling.
Cutting the upper and lower sides smooth and burr-free.
Large spiral flute, imported tungsten steel base material
What is the difference between a corn cutter and Wave edge milling cutter
Wave edge milling cutter, which is based on the spiral rake face of an ordinary high-speed steel end mill, and uses a special milling fixture to reprocess the spiral rake face into a wavy spiral surface, which intersects the flank face into a wavy cutting blade. The peaks and valleys of two adjacent waved edges are staggered along the axis by a certain distance, so that the cutting width is significantly reduced, and the actual cutting thickness of the cutting edge is increased by about three times. The cutting edge avoids the surface hardened layer and cuts into the workpiece. The wavy edge makes the inclination angle, working rake angle and cutting load of the cutting edge different at all points. And the wave blade makes the tooth pitch in the same end section different. These factors greatly reduce the periodicity of cutting force changes, making the cutting process more stable. When milling workpieces with rough surfaces such as gas-cut steel plates, the wave-shaped end mills can especially show their excellent cutting performance.
Wave edge milling cutters are spiral milling cutters. Corn milling cutters generally refer to insert-type milling cutters, and spiral blades refer to integral milling cutters. The general corn milling cutter is suitable for large-scale deep hole machining, while the spiral blade milling cutter is suitable for various face milling, side milling and complex profiling milling
I use the SMC5-5-N-N. I want to add the MPG handwheel. But, I don’t know how to connect with this.
Your SMC has MPG connector as this.
Your product SMC is not have ‘A’ or ‘A bar’. I just find ‘M-A’. It doesn’t match with name to name. Can you explain how to connect the MPG with your product SMC? —————————————- Hi, the SMC5-5-N-N just support 5v handwheel. MA, MB corresponds to A and B of the graph, IN1 and IN2 are connected to IN1 and IN2 of the input port. XYZABC corresponds to 1-6 axis, the actual C axis is invalid. MD is the LED indication
USB Port 6040 CNC Router Machine work with laptop, with mach3 software.
it is Upgrade new version can match windows-XP, 7. 8. 10 system all. but only USB2.0 3.0 port matc,the new Upgrade 2.2KW spindle with ER20 collet, limit switch for X, Y, Z axis,with auto-bit checking tool,80mm chunk rotary axis 60mm in-diamater,with upgrade more higher Z axis