The WorkBee CNC Machine is a culmination of all our experience, good feedback, and suggestions from selling the OX CNC Machine over the past 2 years. It is capable of accurately cutting foams, woods, plastics or aluminium at depths greater than 25 mm to 0.2 mm accuracy or more.
The main request we got for the OX machine was for a Lead Screw driven version. Our WorkBee CNC Machine has been designed from the ground up to incorporate this and more. The WorkBee CNC Machine has been dual designed so that it could be Lead Screw or Belt driven. This WorkBee CNC Machine can be converted between the two, as the overall design is exactly the same for both.
Our WorkBee makes full use of the V-Slot Extrusion system. On the all three Axis C-Beam extrusions are used. This C-Beam profile is stronger and allows the drive systems to be concealed from debris. For the Belt driven setup, a new Belt and Pinion setup has been developed which fits inside the ‘C’ channel on the Y-Axis extrusions.
We can provide customers with complete installation instructions, which have very detailed parts and installation instructions including pictures. Easy to follow DIY instructions make this project fun and simple.
You will find a Bill of Materials at the end of the manual. For different size variations of the WorkBee, only the V-Slot, ACME Lead Screws, GT3 Belts, and number of spoiler board supports is different. If you plan to customise your WorkBee to be bigger or smaller, this section below will help you to buy the correct extrusions.
We are offering a Full Kit, Mechanical Kit, Plates Kit and various add-on kits on our site. These kits can be found in below links: BULK-MAN 3D TECH Store
Ethernet Mach3 Card is a mach3 motion control card with Ethernet protocol, model NVEM.
It can select a fixed IP directly connected to a computer or automatically obtain an IP to connect to a router through a jumper. When using a router, the device card can automatically identify the mach3 software in the local area network and automatically connect (including the host connected via wifi)
The NVEM cnc controller support 6axis,can running on windows xp 7 10. and used for all version mach3 software.
4th-axis CNC refers to X, Y, Z, and rotary axes. The fourth axis is used to rotate around other axes. Refers to the four-axis machining center. Types of axis machine tools: cradle, vertical, horizontal, NC table + NC indexing head, NC table +90°B axis, NC table +45°B axis, NC table + general horizontal five Axis linkage CNC machine tool A axis °, two axis NC spindle, etc. There are two ways of the rotary axis of the vertical five-axis machining center. One is the rotary axis of the worktable. The worktable set on the bed can rotate around the X axis, which is defined as the A axis. 120 degrees. There is also a rotary table in the middle of the worktable, which rotates around the Z axis, which is defined as the C axis, and the C axis is 360 degree rotation. The advantage of this arrangement is that the structure of the spindle is relatively simple, the rigidity of the spindle is very good, and the manufacturing cost is relatively low. But the general worktable cannot be designed too large, and the load bearing is also small, especially when the rotation of the A axis is greater than or equal to 90 degrees, the workpiece will bring a great load moment to the worktable during cutting.
4th axis structure
The structure of the fourth axis is: servo motor drive reducer type, servo motor direct drive type. The reducer is a relatively precise machine, and its purpose is to reduce the speed and increase the torque. The types of reducers generally used for four axes are divided into three types: worm gear type, roller cam type, harmonic reducer type.
The main feature of the worm gear reducer is the reverse self-locking function, which can have a larger reduction ratio. The input shaft and the output shaft are not on the same axis or on the same plane. However, the volume is generally large, the transmission efficiency is not high, and the accuracy is not high.
The harmonic drive of the harmonic reducer transmits motion and power using flexible deformation controlled by flexible components. The volume is small and the precision is high, but the disadvantage is that the flexible wheel has a limited life, is not resistant to impact, and is rigid and metal. In comparison, the input speed cannot be too high.
The Roller Driver (cam roller) transmission application arc surface indexing principle is currently the most accurate motion control method. The work piece is composed of an input shaft (arc indexing cam) and a roller (output shaft). The surface of the cam groove on the input shaft is in line contact with the outer ring surface of the driven roller element on the roller to drive The runner (ie worktable) rotates. The driven roller element uses internal roller bearings to transmit torque during rotation. This working principle guarantees zero backlash, excellent working accuracy and working efficiency, and effectively avoids the loss of internal parts, providing a durable high-precision working state.
Direct drive motor DD is the abbreviation of direct driver, including torque motor and linear motor, followed by the motor is called DD direct drive motor also called direct drive motor. Due to its large output torque, some companies directly refer to this product as torque servo. Unlike traditional motors, the high torque of this product allows it to be directly connected to the motion device, thus eliminating the need for connecting mechanisms such as reducers, gear boxes, and pulleys, so it will be called a direct drive motor. Since this type of motor is generally equipped with a high-resolution encoder, the product can achieve a level of accuracy higher than that of ordinary servos. And because of the direct connection, the positioning error due to the mechanical structure is reduced, so that the process accuracy can be guaranteed. The characteristics of the direct-drive fourth shaft, because there is no reducer to reduce the torque to increase the torque, so the rotational torque is small, usually in order to increase the torque, the motor coil is larger, so the price is more expensive. The advantage is that the servo-driven four-axis, no intermediate transmission components, no error accumulation, no backlash, so it can be processed at high speed and high precision.
Why to use 4th Axis
The general machine tool has only three axes, that is, copy, that is, the workpiece platform can move left and right (1 axis), back and forth (2 axes), and the spindle head (bai3 axis) is used to cut the workpiece. 360 degree rotating electric indexing head! In this way, bevel holes can be automatically indexed, bevel milling, etc. The advantage of adding a fourth axis to the CNC machining center is
It can make the processing plane of the tool more extensive, and can reduce the repeated clamping of the workpiece, improve the overall machining accuracy of the workpiece, help simplify the process, and improve the production efficiency.
It can make the plane of the tool processing more extensive, and can reduce the repeated clamping of the workpiece, improve the overall machining accuracy of the workpiece, help simplify the process, and improve the production efficiency. Specifically, the fourth axis refers to the CNC indexing head of the machining center. It can complete the tasks that the three-axis machining center cannot complete at one time. It can realize multi-face machining by rotating, which greatly improves the machining efficiency. Reduced the number of clampings.
It can make the processing plane of the tool become wider, and can reduce the repeated clamping of the workpiece, improve the overall machining accuracy of the workpiece, help simplify the process, and improve the production efficiency. Shorten the production time, so many companies need to use a four-axis machining center. The three axes are XYZ three linear movement coordinates. The fourth axis is generally a rotary axis, which can cause an angular offset between the tool and the workpiece. The normal of the workpiece surface is at an angle to expand the processing range.
When undertaking external processing tasks, in addition to the normal contour and hole processing on the CNC machine tool, sometimes curve and curved surface parts are also required, which is difficult to complete on the ordinary three-coordinate CNC machine tool At this time, the fourth axis can be installed on the CNC machine tool to expand the machine tool functions and greatly reduce the cost investment. Install the CNC indexing head as the fourth axis on the table of the three-axis CNC machining center. Through this transformation, not only can the processing that requires multiple processes on the CNC machine tool be concentrated in one installation, but also increase the freedom of the machine tool. , Expand its functions, and improve processing accuracy, quality and efficiency.
What is the difference between 4-axis CNC and 3-axis CNC? How to program?
Three-axis machining only has XYZ three axes, and four-axis machining has XYZA or XYZB programming which is relatively cumbersome
The three-axis vertical CNC machining center is three axes of linear movement in different directions, which are up and down, left and right, and front and back. The up and down direction is the main shaft, which can be rotated at high speed; the four-axis vertical machining center adds a new one The axis of rotation, that is, the horizontal plane can rotate 360 degrees, but not at high speed.
The range of use is different
The three-axis machining center is the most widely used. The three-axis machining center can perform simple planar processing, and can only process one side at a time. The three-axis machining center can process very well materials such as aluminum, wood, and lost foam.
The use of four-axis machining centers is less than that of three-axis machining centers. It can realize multi-face machining through rotation, which greatly improves the machining efficiency and reduces the number of clampings. Especially the processing of cylindrical parts is more convenient. And it can reduce the repeated clamping of the workpiece, improve the overall machining accuracy of the workpiece, help simplify the process and improve the production efficiency. Shorten production time.
The four-axis linkage center is divided into horizontal and vertical; if it is horizontal, then add a B axis to the Y axis. The programming method is the same as the 3 axis, but it can rotate 4 sides at a time, and has reached a higher position. Degrees and other precision requirements, when you need to use the fourth axis when programming, just enter B**! It should be noted that when setting up the workpiece coordinate system, care must be taken, each inner surface needs to establish a coordinate system (or sub-coordinate system) such as: G51.1, G51.2. . . . Wait, the vertical is the same as the horizontal capacity, the difference is that the vertical is the A axis, and the horizontal is the B axis.
Analysis of parts drawing
According to the drawing of the part, through the analysis of the material, shape, size and accuracy, surface quality, rough condition and heat treatment of the part, the processing content and requirements are clarified, and the appropriate CNC machine tool is selected.
This step includes:
1) Determine the type or machine tool where the part should be arranged for processing.
2) What kind of fixture or clamping method is used.
3) Determine which tool or how many tools are used for processing.
4) Determine the processing route, that is, select the tool setting point, the starting point of the program (also known as the starting point of the machining, the starting point of the processing often coincides with the setting point), the path of the cutting tool, and the end point of the program (the ending point of the program often coincides with the starting point of the program).
5) Determine cutting parameters such as cutting depth and width, feed speed, and spindle speed.
Determine the process
Based on the analysis of the part drawing, determine the part’s processing technology (such as determining the positioning method, selecting tooling fixtures, etc.) and processing route (such as determining the tool setting point, tooling route, etc.), and determine the cutting amount. The process treatment involves many contents, mainly including the following:
1) Determination of processing method and process route According to the principle of fully exerting the functions of CNC machine tools, reasonable processing method and process route are determined.
2) Design and selection of cutting tools and fixtures When determining CNC cutting tools, comprehensive consideration should be given to factors such as processing methods, cutting amounts, and workpiece materials to meet the requirements of convenient adjustment, good rigidity, high accuracy, and good durability. When designing and selecting CNC machining fixtures, it should be able to quickly complete the positioning and clamping process of the workpiece to reduce auxiliary time.
And try to use combined fixtures to shorten the production preparation cycle. In addition, the fixture used should be easy to install on the machine tool, and it is convenient to coordinate the dimensional relationship between the workpiece and the machine tool coordinate system.
3) Selection of tool setting point Tool setting point is the starting point of program execution. The selection should be based on the principles of simplified programming, easy alignment, easy inspection during processing, and reduction of processing errors.
The tool setting point can be set on the workpiece to be processed, or on the fixture or machine tool. In order to improve the machining accuracy of parts, the tool setting point should be set as much as possible on the design basis or process basis of the part.
4) Determination of the processing route When the processing route is determined, the requirements of the accuracy and surface roughness of the parts to be processed must be ensured; the cutting path should be shortened as much as possible, and the empty cutting stroke should be reduced; the amount.
5) Determination of cutting amount Cutting amount includes cutting depth, spindle speed and feed speed. The specific value of the cutting amount should be based on the provisions of the manual of the CNC machine tool, the material of the workpiece to be processed, the processing content and other process requirements, and be considered in combination with empirical data.
6) Determination of coolant Determine whether coolant needs to be provided during the machining process, whether the tool needs to be changed, and when to change the tool.
Because the parts are processed on the CNC machining center, the process is very concentrated. Under one clamping, it is often necessary to complete roughing, semi-finishing and finishing. When determining the technological process, it is necessary to arrange the processing sequence of each process carefully and reasonably to improve the processing accuracy and production efficiency.
Numerical calculation is to calculate the input data required for CNC machining according to the geometric dimensions of the parts and the determined processing route. The general CNC system has the functions of linear interpolation, circular interpolation and tool compensation. For the contour processing of parts with simple shapes (such as parts composed of straight lines and arcs), calculate the starting point and end point of geometric elements, the center of the arc, the coordinate values of the intersection or tangent point of the two elements, etc.
For parts with complex shapes (such as parts composed of non-circular curves and curved surfaces), straight line segments or arc segments are used to approach, and the node coordinate values are calculated from the accuracy requirements. In this case, you need to use a computer to calculate with relevant software.
Write processing program
After finishing the process processing and mathematics processing, according to the instructions, program segment format, technological process, numerical calculation results and auxiliary operation requirements of the CNC system of the machine tool used, write it in sections according to the program instructions and format requirements specified by the CNC Part processing program.
Before programming, programmers must understand the performance, functions and program instructions of CNC machine tools in order to write the correct CNC machining program.
Enter the written program into the CNC system. There are two common methods:
1) Manual input on the operation panel of the CNC milling machine;
2) Using the DNC (data transmission) function, the program is first entered into the computer, and then the dedicated CNC transmission software. The processing program is input into the CNC system. Then it is called out to execute. Or processing while transmitting.
The compiled program must be checked for program operation. Processing procedures should generally be verified and trial cut before they can be used for formal processing. It can be used to check the correctness of the trajectory and movement of the machine tool by means of empty walking and empty running drawing.
On the CNC machine tool with graphic display function and dynamic simulation function or in the CAD/CAM software, it is more convenient to use the method of graphic simulation tool to cut the workpiece for inspection. However, these methods can only check whether the trajectory is correct, and cannot check the machining accuracy of the processed parts
How to upgrade the four-axis engraving machine
Three-axis engraving machine can only process one plane. However, the four-axis engraving machine can process one surface and then process other surfaces at will. Upgrade from three-axis to four-axis, buy a separate cnc rotary 4th axis and a controller using four-axis linkage, it is recommended to use (4 axis offline cnc controller)
CNC plasma cutting machine is a kind of advanced mechatronics equipment used for blanking and cutting of sheet metal. It has been widely used in shipbuilding and machinery manufacturing industries. There are many factors that affect the cutting quality of CNC plasma cutting machines. In addition to the design parameters of the cutting machine, they are also related to the operation control and cutting process. In order to improve the cutting quality, we carried out a comprehensive cutting test, analyzed and arranged according to the test data, and obtained some of the best working parameters of the CNC plasma cutting machine.
A high-quality cutting surface should have an inclination of less than 30, a cutting pattern depth of less than O.15mm, and less dross, which is easy to remove.
In the condition of stable voltage and current, in addition to the quality of the electrode and the nozzle, the factors affecting the cutting quality have two reasons:
Cutting nozzle height and stability;
Matching of cutting speed and working air pressure
When the height of the cutting nozzle from the steel plate is controlled by an arc pressure height adjuster, its dynamic positioning accuracy can reach ± 0.013, so it can ensure that the height of the cutting nozzle and the steel plate remains unchanged, so the cutting surface has a small and uniform inclination , And the finish is good.
When manually adjusting the height of the cutting nozzle from the steel plate. The cut steel plate should be leveled as far as possible to reduce the adjustment times of the cutting torch.
Ensure the stability of the cutting torch. In this paper, the height of the cutting nozzle from the steel plate is controlled by 6 ~ 8mm by manual adjustment. Through a series of cutting experiments, the relationship between cutting speed (dirty), working pressure (P) and cutting quality is explained.
Many people admire the speed of plasma cutting. In order to improve the processing capacity of the factory, they decided to purchase advanced CNC cutting equipment.
For example, a friend is going to purchase a portable plasma cutting machine, and requires the CNC cutting machine to purchase together with the plasma power supply. Since the processing range of the customer is to the 15mm thick steel plate with the width of 1500mm, and it can not be guaranteed that it is always cut from the edge in use, some graphic processing is easy to use perforation cutting, so if the customer is configured with 120a plasma The cutting effect is not ideal. But if we want to choose 160A plasma, the purchase cost will rise a lot. In the face of such confusion, where should customers go?
Understand that the customer’s actual use is mainly to cut carbon steel parts. Because the customer’s processing width is 1500mm, in order to fully meet the demand and better cut parts, the customer chooses 1600mm portable cutting machine, which is changed from the original plasma cutting machine to flame plasma dual-purpose integrated machine. When the customer processes 12mm and below thick plates, he directly uses 120 plasma for cutting Cutting, when customers cut 15mm or even thicker carbon steel, we use our flame cutting method directly.
Such a solution not only fully meets the initial needs of customers, but also has been upgraded to a higher processing standard. But in terms of the overall purchase cost, it saved more than 10000 yuan.
fast cutting speed, high efficiency, good cutting surface quality, accurate cutting size, small thermal deformation of the workpiece
The cut parts can be directly welded and applied without mechanical processing.
Plasma cutting machine disadvantages
The inclination of the cutting surface is large
The finish is not as good as oxygen cutting
Manual non-contact cutting
(1) Touch the torch roller to the workpiece, and adjust the distance between the nozzle and the plane of the workpiece to 3 ~ 5mm. (When the host machine cuts, the “Cut Thickness Selection” switch is turned to *). (2) Turn on the torch switch to ignite the plasma arc. After cutting through the workpiece, move it in the cutting direction at an even speed. Too slow will affect the quality of the incision, and even break the arc. (3) After cutting, turn off the torch switch and the plasma arc goes out. At this time, compressed air is sprayed out at a delay to cool the torch. After a few seconds, the ejection stops automatically. Remove the cutting torch to complete the entire cutting process.
When manual contact cutting
(1) The “Cut Thickness Selection” switch is at the low level, which is used when the single machine cuts thinner plates. (2) Place the cutting torch nozzle at the starting point of the workpiece to be cut, turn on the cutting torch switch, ignite the plasma arc, cut through the workpiece, and then move uniformly along the cutting direction. (3) After cutting, open and close the torch switch. At this time, the compressed air is still spraying. After a few seconds, the cutting machine will automatically stop spraying. Remove the cutting torch to complete the entire cutting process.
(1) Automatic cutting is mainly suitable for cutting thick workpieces. Select the “Cut Thickness Selection” switch position. (2) After removing the cutting torch roller, the cutting torch and the semi-automatic cutting machine are firmly connected, and the attachment is provided in the random accessories. (3) Connect the power of the semi-automatic cutting machine, and install the guide rail or radius rod according to the shape of the workpiece (if it is a linear cutting rail, if you are cutting a circle or arc, you should choose a radius rod). (4) If the torch switch plug is turned off, replace the remote switch plug (prepared in the accessories). (5) Adjust the appropriate walking speed according to the thickness of the workpiece. And set the “up” and “down” switches on the semi-automatic cutting machine to the cutting direction. (6) Adjust the distance between the nozzle and the workpiece to 3 ~ 8mm, and adjust the center position of the nozzle to the starting strip of the workpiece slit. (7) Turn on the remote control switch. After cutting through the workpiece, turn on the power switch of the semi-automatic cutting machine to cut. In the initial stage of cutting, pay attention to the cutting seam at any time and adjust to a suitable cutting speed. And pay attention to whether the two machines work normally at any time. (8) After cutting, turn off the remote control switch and the power switch of the semi-automatic cutting machine. At this point, the entire cutting process is completed.