Skip to content
Engraving machine operation steps
- Turn on Before turning on the machine, first make sure that all connections between the machine tool and the computer are normal, and then turn on the power supply of the machine tool and the computer. After the system is started, enter the NcstudioTM numerical control system.
- Mechanical reset (optional) This section is only involved in the machine tool with the function of returning to the mechanical origin and when necessary. If the machine tool supports the operation of returning to the mechanical origin, select the “Back to Mechanical Origin” menu. The machine tool will automatically return to the mechanical origin and correct the system coordinate system. In some cases, such as after the last normal shutdown, restarting and continuing the last operation, the user does not need to perform a mechanical reset operation. Because NcstudioTM system saves the current coordinate information when exiting normally. In addition, if the user confirms that the current location is correct, this operation may not be performed.
- Load the processing program Before processing, the user generally needs to load the program to be processed, otherwise, some functions related to automatic processing are invalid. Select “Open (F) | Open (O)…” menu, a standard Windows file operation dialog box will pop up, from which you can select the drive, path and file name where the file to be opened is located. After clicking the “Open” button, the processing program is loaded into the system. At this time, the user can press the F2 key to switch to the “processing program” window to view the current processing program.
- Manual operation Display manual operation interface Select the menu item “View (V) | Display manual interface (M)”, the parameter display window will display a manual operation interface through which you can manually operate the machine tool. Manual movement The machine tool can be moved manually through the corresponding keys on the numeric keypad of the computer. The NUMLOCK light on the small keyboard should be on at this time. The corresponding keys are: 6 ——— X axis positive direction 4 ——— X axis negative direction 8 ——— Y axis positive direction 2 ——— Y axis negative direction 9 ——— Z axis positive direction 1 ——— Z axis The combination of these keys in the negative direction and CTRL can realize manual high-speed movement of the machine tool. Increase/decrease depth Use the +/- keys on the keypad with the number keys to quickly increase or decrease the depth.
- Determine the origin of the workpiece. The origin of the X, Y, and Z coordinates in the processing program is the origin of the workpiece. Before processing, we need to associate the position with the actual position. The steps are: Manually move the machine tool X and Y to the desired origin position on the workpiece, select the “Set current point as workpiece origin” menu, or clear the coordinate value of the current position in the coordinate window, so that when the processing program is executed It starts processing at the current position. The above steps have completed the workpiece origin setting of the X and Y axes, but the workpiece origin setting of the Z axis requires more precise operation means. This system cooperates with machine tool hardware to provide Z-axis tool setting function. Select “Operation (O)|Automatic tool setting (E)…” function to complete automatic tool setting. After the above two steps, the origin of the processed workpiece has been determined.
- Perform automatic processing Automatic processing means that the machine tool automatically processes according to the selected processing program. Start automatic processing Select the “Operate (O)|Start or Continue (S)” menu item, and the machine tool will automatically start the automatic processing process from the first sentence of the processing program. Machine stop During automatic processing, if you want to stop the processing program, select the “Operation (O) | Stop (O)” menu item, and the machine tool will stop processing after the current statement is processed and enter the “Idle” state. This method is a method to make the system stop accurately and orderly, and it is also a recommended method. Note: When the high-speed smooth speed connection feature is valid, the system will stop when the connection speed is zero. The machine tool is in the process of automatic processing. In case of emergency, select the “Operation (O)|Emergency stop (B)” menu item, and the machine tool will stop processing immediately. If you want to restart processing, you must first select “Operation (O)| Emergency stop recovery (R)” menu and then select “Operation (O)|Start or Continue (S)” menu, the machine tool will restart the automatic processing process from the first sentence of the processing program, otherwise the machine tool will not work. When the machine tool pauses during automatic processing, if you need to pause processing, select the “Operation (O) | Pause (P)” menu item, and the machine tool will stop processing after executing the current processing statement. Select the “Operation (O) | Start or Continue (S)” menu item. Program skip execution. Select the “Advanced Start (A)” menu item, and a dialog box will pop up, asking you to execute from the first sentence of the program to the end of the program. If you fill in the sentence number, click “Start” “Key, the machine tool will only execute a certain sentence in the program according to your requirements. But there must be a segment number before executing this function program statement.
- Direct positioning function If you often want to locate a certain point quickly, you can try the “direct positioning function” function. The shortcut key to enter the “direct positioning function” function is F5, and the shortcut key to launch the “direct positioning function” function is Esc. Input the + sign before X in the “Direct Positioning Function” window to realize incremental input. Enter * in front of X in the “Direct Positioning Function” window to realize mechanical coordinate positioning. Enter the @ sign in front of the X in the “Direct Positioning Function” window to realize the function of correcting the workpiece origin (including increasing/decreasing depth).
- Shut down After the program processing is completed, turn off the power of the machine tool and the computer.